Admissions ProcessYou are here:
Choosing to enter addiction treatment is a courageous first step in living a healthier, fulfilled life. As you progress through our evidence-based, holistic approaches to treatment, you will realize that this is the right choice for recovery success. At Design for Change Recovery, we offer our clients a chance to create a new lifestyle that works for them.
What to Expect in the First 24-Hours
We realize it’s a little intimidating to walk into a strange place filled with people you don’t know. So, we make sure you are as comfortable as possible while you adapt to this new environment.
During your first 24-hours in our facility you’ll go through the following steps:
- Confidential Assessment: When you enter our facility, the first step is to meet with a certified physician who will assess your immediate medical or mental health needs. One of our dedicated counselors will talk with you to establish your recovery goals and determine how often you will meet with them during your time in the program.
- Meet the Staff: You will be introduced to our caring, skilled staff members who will walk alongside you during your recovery journey. Their compassion, advice, and support will keep you motivated even when you’re having a bad day.
- Learn About the Program: You’ll learn about our 12-Step addiction treatment program that incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy, holistic therapy, non-12 step programs, and more. You will take an active part in choosing a customized treatment plan that is right for your needs.
- Verify Insurance: We will verify your insurance or discuss other financial arrangements. Our programs offer several affordable options to make sure you get the treatment you need. No one should have to struggle with addiction because of financial issues.
- Tour the Facility: A tour of the facility is another important aspect of the admissions process. The tour will help you acclimate to your surroundings so you don’t feel like a stranger. When you tour the facility, you’ll see that we have private or semi-private rooms that are clean and comfortable. We also provide areas where clients can socialize with each other. We also set aside areas where you can have some alone time.
- Ask Questions: The best way to ensure that you get the best treatment possible, ask questions. You may be wondering about visiting hours, daily routines, or what personal items you’re allowed to keep. Don’t hesitate to ask questions or talk about your concerns. We are happy to do all we can to make you feel comfortable during your time in our facility.
It’s All About Providing the Right Treatment for You
The admissions process may seem overwhelming, but it allows us to get to know you better. It’s also an opportunity for you to discover that we really are on your side. At Design for Change, we want you to succeed in recovery. So, the more we know about you, the better equipped we are to provide the best level of treatment for your situation.
Detoxification at Design for Change
Also, in the initial admission process, you will be informed about our detoxification program. Before you can begin the rehabilitation phase of treatment, you may need to spend some time in detox.
We realize many people have concerns about detox and withdrawal. So, during drug and alcohol detox, we provide 24/7 medical supervision to ensure your safety and comfort at all times.
Most people experience withdrawal symptoms during detox that range from mild to severe. Their level of discomfort depends on the substance involved and the duration of the addiction.
We assure you that our compassionate staff will provide the support and encouragement you need throughout the process. Medication can be administered if needed to help manage the symptoms.
Detox is a vital part of recovery from addiction. The process allows the body to eliminate all toxins left behind by the substance of abuse. Afterward, you will have fewer cravings and can focus on acquiring the skills needed for continued sobriety.
Create a “Design for Change” That Works for You
The core elements of our treatment approach involve helping you achieve personal growth through self-awareness. During treatment, you learn how your negative thought patterns and behaviors become habits that can fuel addiction. But, those habits can be changed with a combination of treatment modalities such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Group and individual counseling
- Psychodrama therapy
- Biosound therapy
- Fitness and nutrition
- Music and art therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Aftercare programs
Our program is based on the knowledge that each person responds to treatment differently. We design an individualized program to focus on each client’s unique strengths and weaknesses. Our goal is to help them heal mentally, spiritually, and physically for long-term recovery.
Rediscover You at Design for Change Recovery
When you enter our addiction treatment program, you embark on a journey of self-discovery. You’ll learn about the underlying reasons for your substance use. With that knowledge, you will understand what changes you need to make to avoid repeating the behavior. You’ll have a clearer mind and healthier body and the motivation to resume building the future you always wanted.
At Design for Change Recovery, we help you rediscover yourself. We know addiction tears down your self-image and shatters your confidence. So, we apply the right amount of counseling, education, and support to help the real you emerge to enjoy your full potential in life.
We’re pleased that you are considering Design for Change for your addiction treatment. If you know someone else who needs our services, please have them contact our Lancaster, CA facility today.