Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment and Rehab
Treating an addiction can be all-consuming. Mainly, for the family of the addict, it is an emotional roller coaster. Thankfully, science has given us a better understanding of the process of addiction. As a result, we use several treatment methods to help anyone struggling with addiction.
Benzodiazepine Abuse Intervention
People who suffer from benzodiazepine addiction do not always seek out the help they need. Often, it is the friends and family of the addict who realize they have a problem.
Our Lancaster, California intervention program is for people in your shoes.
We will help you confront your loved one, who is suffering from addiction, and begin the process of healing. If you feel comfortable leading the intervention, we will instruct you on what to do. Otherwise, we can take the lead for you.
Types of Benzodiazepines
Three-Step Addiction Treatment Process
Once the patient enters rehab, we begin the treatment process. Every patient has an intake interview. This information will help you create an effective treatment plan.
Our Treatment Plan Includes
- Therapy and Counseling
Accepted Insurance Providers Include
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beacon Health Options
- MHN Health Net Company
- HMC Healthworks
- Magellan Healthcare
Detoxing From Benzodiazepines
All patients must detox from their substance abuse to begin recovery. Benzodiazepines lead to physical dependence after chronic use. When your loved one discontinues using, they enter into a process called withdrawal.
- Prep for Entry
- Panic Attacks
- Inability to Focus
- Heart Irregularities
- Muscle Pain
- Difficulty Maintain Weight
As the patient comes off of the drugs, we will monitor them and provide any necessary support. In the event they show signs of struggle, we will ensure they get relief.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs
- Meaningfully Manage Severe Cases of Addiction: Inpatient programs generally last from 30 to 90 days. During this time, people reside within the treatment facility 24/7. Throughout the program, we help them by using several treatments.
- Individual Counseling: The majority of the treatment program consists of individual counseling. During this process, they also identify the underlying reasons behind their addiction.
- Avoid Relapses: These sessions provide the skills necessary to live life without substances. The goal is to give the patients a new chance to live without addiction controlling their lives.
- Group Therapy Programs: In addition to individual counseling, most patients also participate in group sessions. These build bonds between people going through similar life experiences. These relationships are vital to many patients.
We Also Offer Holistic Treatment Approaches
Additionally, we offer a whole range of holistic treatments. These do not work the same for all. However, our team will identify which provides the best results for you.
Holistic Rehab May Include
- Tai Chi
- Art Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Routine Exercise
- Proper nutrition
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
Every case is different. As such, we understand the need for various treatment modalities. In cases where patients do not want inpatient treatment, we offer multiple outpatient programs.
- Partial Hospitalization: This is our most restrictive level of outpatient service. Patients report five times a week for 8 hours. They work through counseling sessions similar to our inpatient programs during this time.
- Intensive Outpatient: Slightly less restrictive, intensive outpatient requires patients to report three times a week for 6 hours. Most of the time focuses on individual therapy.
- General Outpatient: The least restrictive, general outpatient requires attendance twice a week for 2 hours. Typically, this is a maintenance program for patients who have completed other treatments.
Family therapies are also available. Addicts fail to realize how their behaviors impact those around them. Research suggests involving an addict’s family improves the chances of long term success significantly. Our family programs get your loved ones involved. Then, you can support the patient even after discharge.
First Responders Wellness Program
First responders often fall victim to issues of substance abuse. To compensate for their service, we created the First Responders Wellness Program. These programs include additional support for people who work in stressful conditions.
Benzodiazepine Addiction Medications
Benzodiazepines create physical dependence in the body. When addicts cease use of this substance, their body goes into shock. Sometimes, we use medications to help support the body during the detox process.
- Tapering With Longer Half-Life Medications: Mostly, we use long half-life benzodiazepines. They last longer in the body. Consequently, as it wears off, the withdrawal is less severe.
- Baclofen, Lyrica, or Gabapentin: These are three additional medications used to support benzodiazepine withdrawal.
Ongoing Treatment and Relapse Prevention
Above all, our goal is to prevent patients from falling back into old habits. Thus, we offer several options for treatment after rehab.
12 Step Programs: 12-Step programs give patients a group of people to help support them. These groups meet each week and hold each other accountable.
Sober Living Homes: Sober living homes provide at-risk people with a place to stay. They receive additional support and are under supervision.
Extended Outpatient Therapy: We provide outpatient therapy to those who need it. These sessions focus on individual work.
Tips to Prevent Relapse
Overcoming addiction is only half the battle. Preventing relapse is just as important. If you have a loved one battling addiction, you can support their sobriety by following these tips.
- Continue Ongoing Treatment: We encourage anyone you know that completed rehab to continue going to any ongoing treatments they have.
- Changes to Lifestyle to Avoid Temptation and Improve Better Coping Skills: Former addicts report that temptations are the biggest obstacle to overcome. People have them all around once they get home. Try to get them involved with new activities or hobbies. Even old friends might be a source of temptation. Sometimes, it is best to cut out bad influences completely.
Get Help Today for Your Addiction
Are you ready to make a change? If so, our treatment facility in Lancaster, California, is more than happy to help. We understand how difficult addiction can be. Not only does the addict suffer, but so do all the people who care for them. Our programs will help you overcome this and get a new lease on life. Just give us a call today, and we will answer any questions you have.