California Steroid Addiction Treatment
Rehab can be a scary proposition if you are an addict. However, many people have been in your shoes before.
They made the difficult decision to ask for help.
Now, they live lives free from addiction. This story could be your story, as well. Our treatment options cover a wide range of techniques. We hope to provide everyone with the assistance they need.
Options for Steroid Rehab
All of the patients here in Lancaster, California, start by going through an intake exam. Many individuals who have been long-term steroid users go through an initial withdrawal phase.
During the withdrawal phase, they may begin to suffer from adverse side effects. The body develops a dependency on the drugs and enters into a state of shock when users stop taking them.
Hopefully, addicts come to us of their own free will. It is always a little more comfortable that way. Nevertheless, we understand life doesn’t still work out how you hope it will.
For that reason, we’ve developed an effective intervention program.
If you are a family member of an addict, we can send you the instructions. Otherwise, call us, and we will coordinate the intervention ourselves.
Our mainstay program is our inpatient rehab. Recovering users enter our facility after the conclusion of their initial intake exam. Clients will enter the main program once they complete the detox.
At the facility, we have many different activities designed to help you become your best self.
- 1-3 Months: We will evaluate patients to determine the ideal length of stay. Clients are required to attend the program for one to three months.
- Individual Counseling: During the inpatient program, you work with a personal counselor. The sessions create an atmosphere of trust, allowing you to open up. Ultimately, your therapist will identify the root causes of your disorder. Then, you will collaborate. Work together to create healthier coping mechanisms. These are you can continue living sober after you finish the program.
- Group Therapy: In addition to individual counseling sessions, group therapy is a massive part of our approach. Group therapy builds bonds between recovering addicts. Often, these bonds are vital after people graduate to maintain recovery.
- Holistic Treatments: Ask one of the staff for the full list of holistic therapies available. You will work with your counselor to determine which treatments are the most effective for you. Many of these translate easily into new hobbies you can continue to enjoy once you are back home. For example, tai chi and yoga are both very popular.
For this reason, we have developed three different outpatient programs. We arrange them in order of restrictiveness.
- Levels of Restriction:
- The most restrictive outpatient treatment level requires patients to attend in-person counseling sessions five days a week. Each in-person session lasts for eight hours. This session gives you a total of 40 hours worth of intensive counseling weekly.
- Moderate Restrictions: the second level requires patients to attend in-person services three times a week. Instead of eight hours a session, there will be only six.
- Least Restrictive: the least restrictive outpatient service level is best for people who have completed other programs. This level will assist clients in maintaining sobriety. You attend in-person services twice a week for two hours each session.
- Modeled on Our Proven Inpatient Programs: In our outpatient program, you will move through a curriculum modeled after inpatient services. This protocol successfully treats hundreds of individuals suffering from similar conditions to you.
We understand that everyone has unique situations. Consequently, we have two specialty programs to appeal to wider audiences.
- Family Service: Families often serve as a vital part of the recovery process. In our family service sessions, you will learn critical tools that you can use to help your loved ones who are in recovery.
- First Responder Service: Unfortunately, first responders often develop substance abuse problems. This issue occurs because of the high-stress nature of their careers. We have developed unique treatment protocols to assist them.
Withdrawal and Detox
The withdrawal phase is the most delicate part of the entire recovery process.
The following medications will increase the odds of success.
- Lithium: Lithium is a mineral naturally found within the body. Administering high doses of lithium is an effective treatment for bipolar disorder. As a mood stabilizer, it can help you get through the initial stages of withdrawal.
- Aromatase Inhibitors and Estrogen Blockers: After an individual ceases the use of steroids, their hormone levels are out of whack. By administering these medications, we can assist the body to return to homeostasis.
After completing the withdrawal phase, you need to work on maintaining sobriety. The following medications can help minimize trigger episodes.
- Antidepressants: Most addicts use them to mask feelings they do not like. If you are depressed, there are many non-habit-forming pharmaceutical antidepressants.
- Mood Stabilizers: Mood stabilizers reduce violent tendencies in individuals who are susceptible to aggression.
Ongoing Treatment and Relapse Prevention
Once you complete our program, our dedication to you does not end. We are here for the long haul. Our continuing treatment options help to prevent episodes of relapse in recovered addicts.
If you develop a strong bond with your counselor, feel free to continue outpatient therapy with them.
We can refer you to a 12 step group program. These groups often serve as strong networks of support for recovered addicts after completing rehab.
Tips to Prevent Steroid Relapse
Preventing relapse is all about planning. Identify potential triggers. Then, work hard to avoid them. The longer you can maintain sobriety, the easier staying sober will become.
Get Family Involved
Family support often makes the difference between a successful recovery and one that isn’t. We encourage all family members to get involved.
Supporting your loved ones through the recovery makes more of a difference than you realize.
Lean Into Your Support Network
During your stay at our facilities, we will help you develop a support network.
In these networks, you will create new coping mechanisms. Do not forget about either of these once you leave the facility.
Get Help Today for Your Steroid Addiction
If you are interested in making a change, give us a call today. Our live representatives would love to see you here in Lancaster, California.
Steroid addiction doesn’t have to be forever. As long as you are willing to try, we will do everything we can to help.