California Inpatient Addiction Rehab Treatment Programs
As a result of the various disorders caused by substance abuse, we incorporate numerous ways to treat and wholly overcome addiction. We know that addiction is a disease that one constantly struggles with; therefore, we subject each individual who enters our inpatient facility seeking addiction treatment to individualized care. At Design for Change in Lancaster, California, we provide inpatient treatment that suits every person’s unique needs. For a successful treatment outcome, we ensure that our clients participate fully in our programs as part of their treatment plan.
Our clients will benefit highly from our comprehensive addiction treatment. Inpatient treatment, in some cases, resembles residential treatment. It is distinct from other forms of therapy because of the following:
- It provides our clients with the opportunity to change behaviors and patterns of thoughts. It is a boost in lasting memory.
- Our clients have the opportunity to acquire the tools and skills necessary for remaining sober.
- Our facility’s inpatient addiction program enables the clients to remain sober for a lasting period after completing the treatment.
For inpatient addiction treatment, we offer intensive therapy to our patients. It relies on the severity of the conditions. Some of the treatments we offer are alcohol addiction, opiate addiction, inhalant addiction, heroin addiction, methamphetamine addiction, hallucinogenic addiction, and marijuana addiction.
Drug and Alcohol Detoxification
Upon admission of the clients, we begin the treatment by the detoxification program. Our physicians will prescribe some medications for the patients to manage withdrawal while detoxifying safely. Note that it takes time to eliminate the toxins from the body. Hence, when our clients are undergoing the detoxification program, we do not expect them to learn about a full recovery. Our physicians’ team will provide professional support and medical monitoring as the toxins get flushed out of the body. Note that detoxification is part of the first physical treatment. After successful completion of this phase, our clients move directly into the rehabilitation units.
In a medically supervised detoxification program, our physicians will:
- Ensure that the client is stable and more vital by providing mental support in the process of recovery.
- Track concentration of the drug in the patient’s body to monitor the progress.
- Manage severe withdrawal symptoms by administering some medications to the client.
- Monitor the functionality of vital organs such as the respiratory and circulatory systems.
We will expect our clients to stay with us within the rehab center for the whole treatment duration for inpatient therapy. Based on the condition, we will provide our patients with either shared or private rooms. Every day, the participants must participate in various treatments, including therapies, counseling, and classes, for the larger part of the day.
For severe addiction, we offer long-term care to help individuals overcome addiction and live a drug-free life. At Design for Change, we understand that effective inpatient treatment is not the sole solution to complete addiction recovery. Hence, the reason we offer resources for aftercare and prevention of relapse to our patients.
Difference Between Residential and Inpatient Treatment
Even though we may interchangeably use these two terms, residential treatment focuses much on therapies and counseling, including the program’s 12 steps. On the other hand, inpatient treatment has much focus on medical intervention. It includes detoxification and drug-assisted treatment. At Design for Change, we incorporate both forms of therapy to ensure an effective outcome. Apart from detoxification, an inpatient rehabilitation program also involves:
- Medication-Assisted Care: For individuals dependent on addictive substances such as opioids and benzodiazepines, medication therapy is an instrumental treatment method. Our professional team will provide medication-assisted treatment with counseling and behavioral therapy for the patients who require prolonged management of withdrawal symptoms such as craving. Currently, MAT is among the most widespread addiction treatment method. More so in managing oxycodone, heroin, and alcohol addiction. It is useful in managing addiction, which higher chances of relapse even after inpatient treatment.MAT is significant for individuals with an addiction record of several years. The medications will assist you in preventing withdrawal symptoms and, at the same time, keep you on track as you work towards achieving your recovery goals. Note that for MAT to be useful in managing addiction, we provide it as a package and counseling and behavioral therapy. When offered as a combination, it becomes a comprehensive method. Our clients will have the chance to gain the skills, tools, and coping techniques necessary for beginning and maintaining sobriety in the process of recovery.
- Counseling and Therapy: Counseling and therapy are an integral part of addiction treatment. The counseling programs we offer at Design for Change will help the patients navigate the real issues that propelled them to abuse the drugs. We provide each client with a personal counselor, and it is always a one on one session. Therapy is available in various forms, and behavioral therapy is the predominant form of therapy. Methods include dialectical behavioral therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: At Design for Change, we firmly believe that CBT is an instrumental tool in implementing change. It allows the patient to explore thoughts, feelings, and insight into the behavior they wish to change. At our facility, you will get the chance to meet with our certified psychiatrist, therapist, and counselors. Cognitive-behavioral therapy focuses on transforming destructive behaviors and thoughts. Our professional therapists help the patients identify the worrying thoughts, beliefs, situations, and feelings that may predispose them to negative behaviors. Getting to learn about problematic behavior is a critical step in the process of recovery. At our facility, you will learn new skills and know-how to use them in your daily operations.
At Design for Change, we provide holistic addiction treatment. Because addiction affects your spirit, body, and mind, we have tailored our rehabilitation programs to manage each aspect outlined above. The various holistic management we provide is vital for your complete recovery. Such therapies include art therapy, music, nutrition, fitness, bio-sound, and psychodrama. Because each patient is unique, we provide individualized treatment.
In addition to holistic treatment, Design for Change provides 30, 60, and more than 90 days of the treatment program. At the residential rehabilitation, we encourage our patients to stay longer than one month for numerous reasons. It is necessary because initial treatment of addiction may lead to withdrawal symptoms. Examples of withdrawal symptoms that may accompany some drugs include low concentration, irritability, headache, nausea, anxiety, and sweating. Benefits of staying in our residential facility for more than 90- days include:
- Opportunity to learn new tools for coping with the real world.
- You will be able to get a deeper understanding of the recovery process.
- You will get the chance to learn new habits.
- You will get ample time to change negative behaviors.
Beneficiaries of Inpatient Treatment
Individuals with serious substance addiction and dependencies are the biggest beneficiaries of this program. However, due to the various treatment options we provide, numerous participants may reap from this program, including:
- Addicted individuals with demanding careers requiring efficient and quick recovery.
- Individuals facing domestic abuse or trauma and are abusing drugs to overcome these challenges.
- Individuals in need of specialized treatment, including gender-specific programs.
- Individuals with co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Addicts who require unique accommodation. Such individuals may include high-level executives, veterans, teens, LGBTQ individuals, and pregnant women.
Irrespective of the type of patient seeking treatment, our inpatient care helps each restoring the general health, quitting substances of abuse, and learning mechanisms of abstaining from the drugs. Note that for significant recovery, we offer aftercare services as a complement to the inpatient recovery. The therapy must remain useful for a long time. In case you require more information or inpatient services on addiction treatment, do not hesitate to reach out to our support group at Design for Change.
If you or your loved one is suffering from addiction, feel free to contact us at 855-997-1372.