Addiction Treatment Options at Design for Change
Addiction treatment is the first step on a person’s path to recovery. The best programs are those that offer an individualized approach to treatment that will make the recovery journey a time of self-discovery and learning. The primary goal is to help clients accomplish wellbeing and fulfillment in life. This goal can be achieved through a comprehensive program that targets all aspects of the addiction.
At Design for Change Recovery, we offer evidence-based treatment plans that ensure a lasting recovery. With our expertise, recovery is possible regardless of the severity of the addiction. Each component of our program has been carefully selected to ensure that our clients get the highest level of care available.
The second step in recovery involves the client’s ability to reclaim their place in society. We realize how difficult the transition can be. For that reason, our program helps clients gain the self-esteem, confidence, and skills needed to succeed in maintaining a sober lifestyle.
Our Treatment Options
When a client enters our facility for treatment, we acknowledge their courage by providing the respect, compassion, and support they desperately need. We begin by offering them a customized treatment plan that they can feel comfortable with. As they progress through treatment, the plan can be changed to adapt to their current needs.
“When choosing an addiction treatment program, remember there is no single approach that is right for everyone. The treatment plan you choose should provide everything you need to reach your recovery goals.”
Each person who is struggling with addiction has different needs and circumstances. For those reasons, we offer several treatment options to ensure they get the right treatment for their unique situation. For instance, our clients can choose one of the following programs depending on their needs and preferences:
- Detoxification. Our detox program provides medically supervised withdrawal to ensure our clients’ safety and comfort during the entire process. The goal is to allow the body to eliminate toxic chemicals that produce cravings and prepare the person to enter rehab.
- Outpatient Programs. This type of program is best suited for individuals with mild addictions. Also, individuals who must work, attend school, or care for young children may opt for an outpatient program. Clients in outpatient treatment continue living at home but must attend scheduled counseling or self-help meetings one or more times per week.
- Inpatient Programs. Inpatient treatment requires clients to remain in the facility during their treatment process. The reason for this is to provide 24/7 supervision in a secure, drug-free environment to ensure the wellbeing of clients at all times. They can relax in a comforting atmosphere and focus entirely on learning and healing.
- First Responder Wellness Programs. America’s first responders have a highly stressful job that can cause anxiety, depression, or PTSD. As a result, many of them turn to drugs or alcohol to help them deal with the constant trauma. At Design for Change, we want to acknowledge their dedication to protecting US citizens by offering a treatment program specifically for their needs.
- Intervention Services. Staging an intervention can result in some unexpected situations or outcomes. A successful intervention requires careful planning with everyone involved to ensure an effective result. The best approach is to involve a professional interventionist. They are trained and skilled in managing all aspects of the process. At Design for Change, our intervention services help families plan an intervention that is right for their unique situation.
- Extended Care Services. We know the challenges our clients will face when they leave our facility and step back into society. First, they will need continued support and guidance during their transition. Also, we don’t want them to feel alone or abandoned as they try to navigate through the stress of daily life. With that in mind, our extended care services help clients locate 12-step meetings, sober living homes, and other outpatient therapy programs.
Therapies Available at Design for Change
With our comprehensive program, anyone who needs help for addiction can get the personalized treatment they need. We understand that substance abuse involves many contributing factors such as employment, relationships, physical and mental health, and environmental issues. Therefore, we help clients identify all contributing issues and develop effective coping mechanisms to circumvent them.
“Recovery is not the easiest thing you’ll ever do. But, it is the best thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones. You can’t change the past, but you can make a new beginning.”
At Design for Change Recovery, we help clients make their new beginning. Our program offers them an opportunity to participate in various treatment therapies, classes, and activities that will help them find new ways to respond to life’s challenges. The therapies may include some or all of the following:
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) helps a person identify and understand the negative thoughts and poor self-image that influenced their substance use behavior. The process includes counseling and activities that encourage self-awareness and positive attitudes.
Holistic therapy focuses on how the mind, body, and spirit work together in unity. The issues a person experiences are rarely confined to just one element. For example, if the mind is unwell, the body and spirit suffer as well. Holistic therapy seeks to help a person understand these connections so healing can begin. Holistic therapy can be incorporated with faith-based or secular treatment programs.
Biosound therapy focuses on stress reduction and relaxation. The approach involves a combination of music, vibrations, and binaural beats to induce a relaxed, meditative state. Psychological and physiological symptoms are reduced allowing the person to focus on tasks more effectively and think more clearly. As a result of biosound therapy, positive emotions increase while anxiety decreases.
Meditation and Yoga
Meditation and yoga have been used for centuries by many cultures to induce mindfulness and awareness. These therapies help reduce anxiety, pain, stress, and depression. When used in combination with other therapies, meditation and yoga help clients manage withdrawal symptoms during detox and can assist in relapse prevention.
Psychodrama therapy is a process that helps a person confront their innermost feelings and emotions. Group sessions can include acting out scenes or role-playing where participants engage in self-expression. The goal is to evoke emotional, cognitive, and behavioral responses that can help a person develop a new perspective on life.
Family therapy focuses on counseling for family members of the person in recovery. The objective is to help them understand how to support their loved one during this sensitive time. It is also a method for helping the recovering individual recognize the impact their addiction has on others. During these sessions, families learn how to put aside the stigma of addiction and accept their role in their loved one’s successful recovery.
The connection between physical and mental health is undeniable. So, our treatment program also provides fitness classes, nutrition courses, music and art therapy, and more. We want our clients to achieve a complete transformation.
Learn More About Design for Change Recovery Today
Recovery involves a combination of personal commitment and an effective treatment program. It is the only combination that will work. Without one, the other is useless. At Design for Change Recovery, we help clients recognize the significance of their role in their own recovery. We then work with them to make the most of their desire to be drug-free.
Overcoming addiction is about more than ending the physical dependence on a substance. A person in recovery must begin living a different life. That’s why our program helps clients develop the self-esteem, skills, and confidence they will need out in the real world.
If you would like to know more about our treatment programs, contact our facility in Lancaster, CA today. One of our advisors will be happy to provide the information you need and recommend a treatment program that is right for you or your loved one.