Recovering from drug and alcohol addiction is almost impossible to do alone. There are a multitude of benefits of inpatient rehab. Having around the clock care with a team of individuals dedicated to your recovery can be a strong foundation for success. If you or a loved one are looking into drug and alcohol rehabilitation, here are 10 benefits of inpatient rehab for you to consider:
- Focus on you. When you are in an inpatient program the focus is on you. You don’t have to take care of work, your family, or anyone else. There are no external distractions. This is your time to get well.
- Structure. Inpatient rehabs are structured for your success. Less free time on your hands equates to more time to form healthy new habits.
- Protection for family. Witnessing a loved one in early recovery can be very painful for friends and family. With limited contact, they are spared having to watch the roller coaster of early recovery.
- Medical support. Detoxing can be life threatening. With a medical team to keep you safe, you will be in good hands.
- Removal of negative influences. Leaving the environments and people you associate with drinking or doing drugs can be critical to recover.
- Comprehensive care. You are not just an addict or alcoholic. You have a history and you may have other physical or mental disorders. Inpatient rehabs are designed to address the wellness of your whole being.
- Community. You will be with others learning to recover from drug and alcohol addiction. This camaraderie can help overcome loneliness and isolation many experience in early recovery.
- Form new habits. The structure of inpatient rehab allows you to create habits in lieu of drugs or alcohol. This might include making your bed each morning when you wake up or learning to play an instrument. Creating new habits sets you up for success.
- Balanced diet. Nutrition is a key to rehabilitation. Having food each day that nourishes your mind, body, and spirit enhance your recovery.
- Tools for recovery. Inpatient rehab is designed for your success after leaving. You will learn new tools to manage stress, avoid triggering environments, and create new thought patterns to enable your success upon departure.
Inpatient rehab offers hope. There is life after drug and alcohol addiction. You will emerge with new self-respect and tools for living. Give yourself the gift of health. Give yourself the gift of time to focus on your recovery. You deserve a life beyond your wildest dreams!
Addiction affects the whole family. Design For Change, a residential treatment facility and recovery services program in Lancaster, is a place for hope and healing for all those affected by addiction. If you are ready to start the fight for sobriety, choose a program that will help you come out victoriously. Freedom is yours. Find it today by calling us for more information on our longterm, student, and customizable treatment programs: (877) 267-3646