Why You Should Choose a Drug Rehab in CaliforniaYou are here:
When it comes to finding the best drug rehab in California for your needs, the process can be somewhat challenging. Evaluating the wide range of options available is confusing and time-consuming. To make things a little more complicated, a person also needs to decide if a local facility or one in another state will be more suitable.
Many people are choosing a drug rehab in California due to the variety of treatment centers and program options. The state is home to some of America’s most respected names in addiction treatment. Not to mention the beautiful locations.
Now that you’ve made the decision to seek treatment, several more decisions must be made. In addition to options such as inpatient or outpatient rehab, you need to know what your options are regarding location.
What Are the Benefits of Out-of-State Rehabs?
If you choose to travel to another state for rehab, it may help you feel empowered. You’re breaking ties with the environment that contributed to your substance use. A rehab far from home could also discourage you from leaving the program on impulse. It won’t be easy to get home if you’re hundreds of miles away.
Why should you consider drug rehab in California? More than 130,000 people were treated in California drug rehabs last year, according to research. The specialized programs and innovative therapies combined with the state’s beautiful scenery make California one of the top destinations for addiction treatment.
Another benefit of choosing addiction treatment in California is that the state provides many substance abuse services that focus on reducing drug and alcohol use. State-sponsored agencies work with participating treatment facilities to help individuals get the treatment they need.
Disadvantages of Attending a Local Rehab
Several factors will influence your decision to attend a local rehab. For instance, some insurance companies won’t cover the cost of an out-of-state rehab. Covering the costs would be your responsibility. Of course, if you are a California resident, travel expenses may not be a problem.
Consider that a local rehab keeps you close to the people or environment that played a role in your substance use. Knowing that you could easily get home or gain access to your old dealer would be too tempting.
Local rehabs are more convenient and affordable, but if the rehab is unreliable, it may be worth the costs of out-of-state treatment.
Why Are More People Choosing Drug Rehab in California?
California is the top choice for people who seek quality addiction treatment. Here’s why:
- Sunshine is therapeutic – Research shows that warm, sunny weather improves a person’s mental well-being. Spending time outdoors increases a person’s creative thoughts and openness to new information and experiences. These mood-boosting elements also make a person more receptive to therapy.
- Connecting with nature – The awe-inspiring grandeur of California’s landscapes can have a calming effect. Also, the temperate climate gives more opportunities to enjoy nature. Many California rehabs offer opportunities for clients to experience the state’s outdoor activities. Some rehabs provide hiking trails or allow clients to try their hand at farming or gardening. Spending more time in nature helps clients build a deeper connection with themselves and the world around them.
- Treatment settings are diverse – From coast-side, country, or city rehabs, California offers them all. It is advantageous to choose addiction treatment in California because of the number of options available.
- Reputable addiction treatment – California offers top-quality addiction treatment that people have grown to trust. Some of California’s addiction treatment facilities have been recognized in Newsweek’s list of “Best Addiction Treatment Centers in the United States.
- A haven for holistic therapies – If you are looking for specific alternative or holistic therapies, you can find them in California. The state is known for being a pioneer in the holistic health and wellness movement that has grown in popularity since the early 1970s. California is also among the first to promote emerging alternative therapies.
California drug rehabs may also offer amenities such as pools, hot tubs, garden areas, outdoor lounge areas, fitness centers, walking trails, and outdoor sports such as tennis or volleyball. Some offer a sauna, spa, or wellness center. The amenities vary based on your financial situation, the facility, and the location.
The Best Drug Rehab in California at Design for Change Recovery
At Design for Change Recovery in Lancaster, California, each treatment program is customized to meet your individual needs. We offer an evidence-based, accredited treatment curriculum that focuses on healing the whole person. Our primary goal is to help stop substance abuse. Furthermore, we aim to help clients regain the confidence and self-esteem needed to reach their recovery objectives.
Our program includes options that help clients understand the underlying causes of their addiction so they are better equipped to avoid substance use in the future. With a combination of skills training, counseling, and relapse prevention methods, our clients gain the knowledge and motivation to maintain sobriety for a lifetime.
For the best addiction treatment in California, please reach out to us by phone, email, or online today. During your free consultation, you will be able to ask questions and receive personalized treatment recommendations.
For more information:
- chcf.org/ – Substance Use in California: A Look at Addiction and Treatment